Yobe State University Recruitment For University Librarian – Apply Here. Yobe State University is now recruiting to fill the position of University librarian. Check below for application procedures and requirements.
Yobe State University is located in Damaturu, Yobe State, Nigeria through a noble idea of establishing a state University in Damaturu which was recommended to the state government by the committee on a blueprint for the educational development of Yobe state, its sub-committee on higher education submitted the report stating the desirability for a university in Yobe.
Following the NUC’s encouragement of state and private organizations to establish viable universities and the rapid growth of post-primary and tertiary institutions in the state became evident that a large number of potential university candidates would emerge seeking admission into the university in Yobe. The state under the leadership of his Excellency governor Bukar Abba Ibrahim decided to establish a university named Bukar Abba Ibrahim University and immediately constituted the planning committee with Professor Muhammad Nur Alkali as Chairman. The committee started to plan the take-off of the university in January 2007.
In accordance with the relevant provisions of the Yobe State University Law as Amended 2012, the Governing Council of Yobe State University is inviting applications from interested candidates with requisite qualifications and experience for the vacant position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
Location: Damaturu, Yobe
See also – Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment for Guidance And Counselor – Apply Here
- The University Librarian shall be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches and extension and for providing library services for the entire University community.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and is the head of the University’s Library.
- Candidate for the post should be visionary and have the ability to provide good leadership; must possess proven integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life; must be able to command the respect and loyalty of the staff of the University.
Requirements and Qualifications
Candidates for this post should:
- Be professionally qualified and be a practicing librarian with a minimum academic rank of Senior Librarian.
- Possess at least Second Class (Honours) Lower Degree and Ph.D. in Library and Information Science from a recognized University at least fourteen (14) years of working experience in the library, out of which, eight (8) years MUST be from teaching experience at the University level.
- Have strong evidence of contributions to the library and information field through research and publications in research journals.
- Be a registered member of the Library Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
- Be Computer literate and proficient in relevant computer applications.
- Have contributed to knowledge through research and publications in reputable journals, as well as possess proven records of sound administrative leadership
- Dissemination of knowledge through academic and professional activities.
Salary and Condition of Service
Salary and conditions of service of the University Librarian shall be as obtainable in Yobe State University.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit one (1) soft and fifteen (15) hard copies of their typed Applications, attached with photocopies of the Certificates claimed, list of Publications, Curriculum Vitae and names of 3 (three) referees. The Curriculum Vitae should contain such personal details as follows:
- Full name (surname first in Capital Letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Marital status
- Number and Ages of children
- Email and GSM number
- Postal address
- Permanent Home Address
- State of origin & Local Govt Area
- Schools attended & qualifications obtained with dates
- Promotions obtained through the academic cadre with dates
- List of Publications
- Membership of a professional body
- Names and addresses of 3 (three) referees
Applications should be submitted in sealed envelopes and marked “CONFIDENTIAL; for the attention of the Vice-Chancellor” at the left-hand corner of the envelope to:
Yobe State University.
7th April 2023.
Recommended – Interswitch Group Recruitment For Treasury Officer – HOW TO APPLY
- Each application must be accompanied by not more than 500 words of vision statement of the candidate for the University in the twenty-first century.
- Late applications will not be entertained and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Be the first to comment