World Bank Group Recruitment For Program Assistant – Apply Now. World Bank Group is now recruiting to fill the position of Program Assistant. Interested persons should check the article below for requirements and how to apply.
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In the fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments, and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188 member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job #: req20349
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Sector: Administration / Office Support
Required Language(s): English
Term Duration: 2 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: Local Recruitment
- The World Bank, a leading multi-lateral institution in global economic development, is looking for a highly organized, energized, and experienced person capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a Program Assistant.
- The Program Assistant will be under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager (OM) who is responsible for her/his technical and professional development and performance evaluation. The Program Assistant is an integral part of the Nigeria Country Office Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team.
- S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff. The job implies frequent interaction with other institutional units, staff in other locations (locally and internationally), Government officials, consultants and external organizations.
Job Roles And Responsibility
- The overall purpose of the assignment is to provide administrative, logistical and operational support to the World Bank Nigeria Country Office.
The main functions include but are not limited to:
- Operational and administrative support
- Provide administrative support to the assigned supervisors and work collaboratively with members of the immediate work team.
- Provide support for preparation and implementation of World Bank projects and activities according to Bank procedures.
- Provide support to operational teams on various aspects of World Bank Operations, including inputs to ISR and ICR and other project reports.
- Download different Trust Fund reports using bank’s portal and SAP.
- Follow-up and update project milestones in operations portal.
- Assist in drafting, editing and finalizing correspondence, memos, letters and various reports and documents, ensuring compliance with World Bank correspondence format, and procedures, and proofreading materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style in English and proofread materials
- Draft minutes of meetings and provide assistance in editing large documents.
- Maintain up-to-date divisional project files (both paper and electronic) and retrieve data from various sources and compile these for use by the Task Team.
- Organize and maintain an electronic filing system (SharePoint) for projects/operations.
- Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
- Monitor WPA (Bank Budget -BB, and Trust Fund for the Unit and prepare reports.
- Use desktop processing skills to produce complex texts, reports, presentations, charts, figures, graphs, etc., according to Bank format and distribution. Incorporate feedback into documents, making full use of shared drives and other software capabilities.
- Collect and input data provided by Task Team Leaders into the central database, including processing new project status reports. Compile reports/ presentations and other project related documentation and assist in the drafting of transmittal letters.
- Keep abreast of the Organization’s directives and ensure effective processing of all project documents.
Information Management and Client interaction:
- Handle all relations with the Government of Nigeria counter parts and implementing agencies on administrative aspects of the operation.
- Co-ordinate with service units and liaise frequently with team members both in Washington and in the Country Office.
- Provide guidance to Clients and government counterparts (Travel, Client Connection, STEP.)
- Track and report on appropriate aspects of the Team’s operational activities.
- Answer internal and external queries on the assigned portfolio or, as necessary, take accurate and comprehensive telephone messages, and route them to appropriate persons to handle.
- Demonstrate skills in retrieving, gathering, and obtaining information from various sources (internet, the portal, intranet, Bank libraries, etc.) and transferring the information in a usable format.
- Maintain current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distribute documents for the team.
Time management & Logistic planning:
- Arrange working schedules and meeting with counterparts for the visiting teams.
- Coordinate time management and schedules, taking current and future priorities into account, anticipate and monitor changes, and communicate the information.
- Assist members of the team on all issues related to Travel Requests and Statements of expenditures (SOEs), in compliance with the institutional procedures in effect and provide backup support for traveling staff.
- Process travel requests, Purchase Orders (PO), STC/STT contracts.
- Manage office supplies, for the office as needed as per Bank’s guidelines.
- Solve non-routine problems creatively and resourcefully and assist in the preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g., conferences, workshops, negotiations, board presentation and signing, etc.
- Track assigned tasks/project steps/ timetables using modern office management technologies, coordinate with relevant staff, provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
- Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. missions, conferences, workshops, internal and external meetings with clients and donors, audio and video conferences etc.
- Update mission schedules, monitor change, and communicate necessary information to appropriate staff.
- Serve as a backup to other Program Assistants on project and administrative tasks.
- Occasionally perform Analytical tasks as may be requested by the Team Leader
- Perform other tasks as requested by the Supervisor.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Previous experience with a multilateral/bilateral organization is an advantage.
- Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has the ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within the agreed schedule.
- Learning, knowledge sharing and communication – Good English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
- Business judgment and analytical decision making – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
- Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
- Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
- Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, and understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
- Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
- Client Orientation – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand client’s needs and complete them professionally.
The World Bank Group offers comprehensive benefits, including a retirement plan; medical, life and disability insurance; and paid leave, including parental leave, as well as reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
20th December 2022 at 11:59 pm UTC
You may also like – Nigerian Security And Civil Defense Corps Recruitment – Apply Here
We are proud to be an equal opportunity and inclusive employer with a dedicated and committed workforce and do not discriminate based on gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.