Wema Bank Plc Recruitment for Senior Database Administrator – Apply Here. Wema Bank is now inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Database Administrator at the bank. See how to apply below and the requirements.
Wema Bank Plc – Widely reputed as the longest-surviving and most resilient indigenous bank in Nigeria, Wema Bank Plc has over the years, diligently offered a fully-fledged range of value-adding banking and financial advisory services to the Nigerian public.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Database Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
- We are seeking a Senior Database Administrator (DBA) to work within our high-performance tech team
- The Administrator shall manage and architect database solutions in a complex environment.
- This position requires a highly experienced DBA with depth knowledge in areas like monitoring, performance tuning, security, and high availability.
- The administrator shall ensure that the Database infrastructure is healthy and operational at all times.
- The database environment is expected to be operational around the clock and the DBA is expected to ensure all critical issues in the database are addressed.
- Perform administrative tasks on Oracle databases including installation, monitoring, upgrades, maintenance, performance tuning, data movement, security management
- Create project plans and work with the team for implementation.
- Automate repetitive tasks to ensure minimal business interruptions.
- Propose and execute system-level enhancement illustrating detailed solution designs, benchmarking activities, and best practices then presenting the final results to the team.
- Maintain Database infrastructure health and performance
- Have in-depth knowledge in administering SQL DBs, Oracle Infrastructure, RAC, and Data Guard.
- Perform database backups and recover data as per established SLAs.
- Identify system performance bottlenecks in SQL queries, I/O performance, and hardware.
- Perform impact analysis and drive Root Cause Analysis (RCA) post-restoration of service.
- Resolve and execute system-wide change management plans.
Requirements for Wema Bank Recruitment
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree
- Should be Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) DBA.
- Should have a passion for database systems and understand their criticality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have at least 10 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration including major database implementation/migration/configuration/automation projects.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You may also like – Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2023