U.S. Embassy Recruitment For Information Management Assistant – Apply Here. The US Embassy is now recruiting to fill the position of Information Management Assistant. Check below for how to apply and the requirements.
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Management Assistant – Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2023-015
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: LE – 1805 9
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-9
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 5/1. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- Current Employees of the Mission – This includes U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); Declared Members of Household (MOHs), dependents of U.S. Personal Services Contract (USPSC) who are assigned under COM – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Permanent
- Appointment Type Details: Indefinite subject to successful completion of the probationary period.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
Duties And Roles
- Job holder serves as Assistant to the Senior Information Management Specialist, supervising daily and weekly required IT procedures at CDC-Nigeria Office. Provides day-to-day management of CDC IT systems.
- Trains and guides CDC staff on best practices and effective use of system resources. Provides work guidance to the IT assistant.
- The Incumbent will serve as an alternate liaison between CDC Nigeria and counterparts at the CDC HQ IT Services Office. Job holder reports to the Senior Information Management Specialist, CDC-Nigeria
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Electrical and Electronics Engineering or Physics is required.
- Training Course certification in Microsoft, Cisco Systems or Project Management is required.
- NYSC Certificate or Exemption document is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible work experience in computer science or Information Systems Management using Windows Server and Cisco Network Device management including switches, routers, and firewalls is required.
- The experience must include at least 2 years of experience as computer support staff for a small to medium-sized (about 40-90 personnel supported) office environment.
- In depth understanding of Local Area Network hardware/software components, Microsoft Windows and Windows Server operating systems, and application/hardware installation use is required.
- Certified Microsoft and HP personnel with knowledge of Local Area Network design and support methodologies is required.
- This may be tested. Please your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Fluency in both written and oral in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess good technical skills to troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve hardware and software problems, thereby maximizing the capabilities of Agency computer resources, as well as ability to lead results-driven project teams and workgroups is required.
- Advanced user level of word processing, spreadsheets and databases is required.
- Numerical skills for data analysis are required. Incumbents must be able to work independently to assess advanced Information Technology (IT) problems and issues and develop realistic solutions.
- Difficult technical problems are routine in the Nigerian context.
- S/he will be backstopping the supervisor during absences and thus must be able to work independently as the acting team leads. Must be capable of directing training for computer program applications at the advanced level.
- S/he must consider ways to achieve greater operational efficiency through innovation, increase IT security, or synergize operations with other USG agencies or implementing partners to increase productivity.
- Examples include analysis of training needs across agencies and scheduling joint training sessions on common software tools or configuring new LANs using wireless technology. Incumbents must plan his/her work activities and be able to make revisions to accommodate short-notice deadlines.
- Job holders must have very good oral and written communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
N12,160,694 / USD $50,662 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
7th February 2023.
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- University Degree
- NSYC Certificate or Exemption document
- IT Certificate or License (Certification in Microsoft, Cisco Systems or Project Management)
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable).
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.