U.S. Embassy Recruitment For Talent Care Coordinator – Apply Here. The US Embassy is now recruiting for Talent Care Coordinator. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Talent Care Coordinator – (Employees of Mission – All/or USEFMs, EFMs or MOHs) (NTE One Year)
Announcement Number: Abuja-2022-110RA-3
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series / Grade: FP – 0501 6
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: FP-6
RECOMMENDED – Hobark International Limited Recruitment For Completions Engineer – Apply Here
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is 06. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C
- Current Employees of the Mission – All Agencies and/or U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs); Eligible Family Members (EFMs); or Declared Members of Household (MOHs) – All Agencies.
- Security Clearance Required: Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (1 year) with possible consideration to establish position after 1 year.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Reporting to post’s Human Resources Officer, with the guidance of the Post TalentCare Committee (TCC) and with technical support from the MED/CP/OHW Wellness Team, the TalentCare Coordinator would initiate and administer a process that coordinates the several programs related to the Department’s TalentCare initiative and provide strategic planning and initiation of a comprehensive wellness program outlined in 16 FAM 625.
- The job holders will help establish, maintain, and work with the Post TalentCare Committee.
- This position’s duties include regularly evaluating the post’s specific needs and identifying resources related to TalentCare, developing a wellness plan, and implementing and monitoring the effectiveness of that plan.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of at least two (2) years of study at a University or College is required.
- At least two (2) years of professional experience including education, administration, or program management within the fields of health promotion, workplace wellness, recreation, or other allied health professions is required.
- The position requires knowledge of strategic planning, project management, program evaluation, and a basic understanding of evidence-based health promotion and wellness concepts.
- Must demonstrate skill in the facilitation of a diverse working group of key leaders who are charged with the identification, prioritization, planning, implementation, and evaluation of evidence-based and unique initiatives related to program goals.
- Must demonstrate skill in adapting basic concepts to changing circumstances/new developments in working with complex issues related to the overall well-being on the post population.
- Knowledge of local wellness organizations/resources to develop and organize post-specific wellness programs to meet the needs and interests of the post is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language stated.
- Good Working Knowledge of speaking/reading/writing in English is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Skill in the facilitation of diverse groups to meet program goals and large initiatives.
- Ability to interpret, draft, and implement wellness standard operating procedures and processes.
- Standard knowledge of Microsoft computer environment required; ability to draft and edit material for correspondence and publication required.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal/customer service skills required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date, and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $45,290 annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
9th March 2023.
See also – PZ Cussons Nigeria Recruitment for Assistant Manager – Marketing Services & Category Activation – Apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Non-sensitive clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and/or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide the requested information or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Degree (not transcript)
- Degree with transcript
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria.
Be the first to comment