U.S. Consulate Recruitment For Logistician – HOW TO APPLY. US Consulate is now recruiting for Logistician. Interested persons should kindly check the article below for requirements and how to apply.
The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistician – U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs)
Announcement Number: Lagos-2022-120RA-2
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series/Grade: FP – 0805 7
Promotion Potential: FP-7
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 07. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Secret/Confidential Clearance
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years)
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- Travel Required: 25% or less
- Travel is required which may include Danger Posts
- The incumbent Provides technical security support and services to posts in its respective geographic region.
- Manages the ESC/ESO inventory and is responsible for supply chain management, logistics operations, procurement, and inventory reconciliation of technical systems and equipment maintained by the ESC/ESO at its post of residence and constituent posts throughout the region.
- Assists with office administrative duties, travel arrangements and tracking the office travel budget.
Requirements / Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of high school, secondary school or equivalent academic qualification.
- A minimum of three (3) years of logistics and/or administrative experience gained in an office setting.
- This may be tested. Please specify in your application your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- English Fluent (Reading/Writing/Speaking).
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration must pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
Hiring Preference Selection Process:
- Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may determine that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on the letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date, and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD 40,488 / Annum
You may also like – MacTay Consulting Recruitment For Quality Assurance Specialist – Apply Here
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the ““APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
In order to qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested diploma and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. If you fail to provide the requested information, or the information you submit is insufficient to verify your eligibility, you will not be considered for this position.
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- High School Diploma
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
Important Information and Notice
- Applicants Eligible to take a language or skills test or selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- The complete position description listing all duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.