TikTok Nigeria Recruitment For Government Relations and Public Policy Manager – Apply Here. TikTok Nigeria is now recruiting for Government Relations And Public Policy Manager. See how to apply below and the requirements.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. Whether you’re a sports fanatic, a pet enthusiast, or just looking for a laugh, there’s something for everyone on TikTok. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations and Public Policy Manager, Nigeria, and West Africa
Job ID: B8688
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Employment Type: Regular
Category: Marketing Government relations
See also – MultiChoice Group Recruitment For Senior Finance Analyst – Showmax – How to apply
- We are looking to hire a dynamic and agile Government Relations and Public Policy Manager to cover our GR efforts in Nigeria and West Africa.
- The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker and a strong team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing environment.
- The candidate must have a good understanding of the region’s public policy challenges, political systems, institutions, and cultural landscape; and, solid networks and relationships with Nigerian, West African, and Sub-Saharan policy-makers, multilateral agencies, academia, and civil society stakeholders.
Roles And Responsibilities
The main responsibilities for this exciting role include:
- Building relationships with local Governments, NGOs, academia, think tanks, and other stakeholders in West Africa and other selected Sub-Saharan African (SSA) markets to support the growth of TikTok;
- Working with policymakers, think tanks, private sector partners, and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) on issues of data protection, privacy, safety and security, intellectual property, e-governance, content policy, and other technology-relevant public policy concerns;
- Building long-term strategic relationships with local partners; developing and executing advocacy/policy campaigns in relevant public policy areas that impact TikTok;
- Actively identifying emerging and significant policy issues in these markets and engage with stakeholders and experts on issues of importance;
- Monitoring political and social events in the SSA region, and working with local teams to mitigate operational risks; and,
- Being an external advocate for TikTok’s policy positions, and working to help local communities understand TikTok better.
- Advising internal teams on public policy matters emerging in West Africa and the rest of SSA; and help to shape strategic and actionable plans in line with respective Governments’ regulations and policy frameworks;
Requirements And Qualifications
To join our dynamic and fast-growing team, the ideal candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent practical experience;
- An education background in law or (tech) public policy is a plus;
- 12-15 years of demonstrated experience managing public policy and/or government relations, advocacy work and government / private sector partnerships;
- 5-7 years of work experience in local government or a public policy team of a global tech or Internet company is preferred;
- A solid network and relationships with Nigerian and other West African policy-makers, academia, civil society and the technology industry;
- An interest in emerging technologies and public policy work; and,
- A strong team player with the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
- Outstanding judgment, persuasive and lobbying skills, creativity, and the ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced and often uncertain environment;
- A vast understanding of West Africa and the Sub-Saharan Africa content markets and the technology sector;
- A keen understanding of the region’s political system, environment and institutions, as well as cultural landscape;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Recommended – Dangote Group Recruitment For Shift Supervisor (Packing Plant) – Apply Here
- TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace.
- At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
Be the first to comment