Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment for Shelter Technical Assistant. The Norwegian Refugee Council is now recruiting to fill the position of Shelter technical Assitant. Check for the application procedures below and the requirements.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation, and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter Technical Assistant
Job Identification: 4925
Locations: Yola – Adamawa and Pulka – Borno
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: Shelter
Check out – Standard Chartered Bank Recruitment For Personal Assistant – Apply Here
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of the assistant position is to assist in the day-to-day implementation of the CC project.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of program intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Pre-evaluation of needs (Targeting, Needs Assessment, Beneficiary Identification & Selection) and alert the hierarchy of any population movement in the area.
- Provide technical support and orientation to local technicians and community workers, train and develop their capacity
- Assist the shelter officer to accurately controlling the movement of trucks, quantities and qualities of materials supplied to the site.
- Establish local committees for the shelter project
- Maintain good working relationships with local authorities, local communities, local committees and partners as well as with all stakeholders in the NRC area of intervention
- Ensure the participation of the community in the construction/rehabilitation of shelters and community infrastructures and other shelter activities
- Represent NRC in field coordination meetings when required.
- Implement shelter construction activities, conduct technical assessment and approval of the quality of work and ensure better management of remaining material.
- Conduct community sensitization, awareness and mobilization to encourage beneficiary commitment to the shelter activities.
- With the support of the Shelter Officer and Shelter coordinator, provide the drafts of technical drawings, Bills of Quantity, site plans and technical specification notes for shelter projects.
- Alert the Shelter Officer for any potential need of modification on construction designs or for any unpredictable soil constraints identified.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Project planning: Shelter Officer, Core Competency Assistants, Field Officer, M&E
- Assessments: Local authorities, Field Officer, M&E
- Area operations: Field officers
- Staff capacity building: Shelter Specialist, Shelter Coordinator, Shelter Officer, HR Officer
- Implementation: Shelter Officer, Field Officer
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- University Degree in Social Science or its equivalent Knowledge of the context in North Eastern Nigeria.
- At least 1-year of experience in similar positions in a humanitarian/emergency context
- Knowledge of the local language Fulani, Hausa.
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing)
Context / Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience on the implementation of emergency shelter activities
- Experience in household sensitization and training in shelter and infrastructure maintenance
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, GPS, ARC GIS and Google Earth
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Recommended – CWAY Nigeria Recruitment For Customer Service Representative – Apply Here
16th February 2023 (08:48 AM).
Be the first to comment