The Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment For Senior Technologist II – Apply Here. The Nile University is now inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Senior Technologist at the institution. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The Nile University of Nigeria is a Private Institution located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria. The University was established in 2009 to provide high-quality tertiary education for the country’s ever-increasing number of secondary school leavers. In 2014, Nile University established its School of Postgraduate Studies.
Today, Nile University is a member of the Honoris United Universities network, the first and largest Pan-African private higher education network. With over 4,000 students (undergraduate and postgraduate), 35 undergraduate programs across six faculties, and 47 postgraduate programs across five faculties.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technologist II
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- Oversee the development and daily operation of the anatomy laboratory and provide general teaching & research support
- Maintain the anatomy laboratory, including donated biological materials and equipment.
- Assist in Human cadavers’ dissection, embalming, and preparation of the specimen.
- Prepare and set out the appropriate prosected cadaver and teaching aids for each class as requested by the course coordinator in accordance with the class curriculum for the day.
- Check daily laboratory ventilation, cold storage, and lab room temperature in the anatomy laboratory to minimize downtime.
- Oversee the collection and disposal of non-human specimens according to standard procedures & regulations.
- Ensure that the donors (cadavers) are placed securely in body bags, moistened, and appropriately covered or in the cold room as needed.
- Participate and assist the anatomy department regularly in gross anatomy prosections, laboratory preparation, proctoring lab exams and exam reviews.
- Review, schedule, and maintain laboratory safety guidelines and procedures
- Assist with the development, updates, or modifications of materials or delivery methods, in order to make them appropriate for the learning outcomes required, as agreed with academic staff, and to fit the learning style appropriate to the students.
- Training medical students in laboratory skills needed to finish their coursework.
- Maintain an inventory of all equipment and supplies to monitor the need and supply levels
Job Requirements And Qualifications
Applicants should possess the following:
- BSc in Human Anatomy or Science Laboratory Technology with a major in Anatomy or any related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree in Human Anatomy is an added advantage
- At least 6 years of cognate/practical experience in a Medical Laboratory and with good standing in the field of human anatomy
- Well-developed interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and accurately complete tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages
- Candidate should possess the ability to move cadavers and dissected body parts is required.
- High level of professionalism, ethical standards, discretion, and respect for the confidentiality of the donors.
- Proper and safe use of audiovisual equipment, smart board, microphones and a variety of dissection tools.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to:
email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
13th January 2023.
You may also like – Interswitch Tech Graduate Trainee Program 2023 Application Portal
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
- We will contact only shortlisted candidates.