Nile University of Nigeria Recruitment for Guidance And Counselor – Apply Here. The management of Nile University of Nigeria is now recruiting for Guidance and Counselors. Check below for how to apply and the requirements.
Nile University of Nigeria, is a world-class university located in the heart of Nigeria, Abuja. Our university community is composed of robust, hardworking, friendly and committed staff from different nationalities all over the world that work tirelessly to help our teeming students actualize their dreams.
We are currently looking to engage highly competent, talented and self-motivated individuals for the position below:
Job Title: Guidance & Counselor
Employment Type: Full-time
Roles And Responsibilities
- Provide professional and confidential counseling to students and staff, for a range of personal, social, professional, academic, career and financial concerns.
- Recognize and appropriately take care of individual students’ socio-emotional challenges
- Coordinate and facilitate students’ groups for improving social skills or addressing behavioral challenges
- Work with school faculty and staff to develop plans for maintaining the well-being of individual students and of the student population as a whole
- Assist students in understanding and overcoming social, behavioral, or academic problems
- Provide group or individual counseling to address the needs of students
- Evaluate students’ academic/ career plans and assist them in setting realistic goals
- Monitor and observe students to identify and address personal, emotional, or social issues
- Arrange and schedule orientation programs and internships
- Complete regular reports for services provided, such as session notes and incident reports
- Consult with families and staff to highlight students’ needs and discuss strategies necessary for improved social and academic performance
- Collaborate with teaching staff to determine how best to meet individual students’ needs
Requirements And Qualification
Applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Psychology, Guidance & Counselling or related Degree.
- Possesses minimum five (5) years of work experience as a Counselor in an academic/ learning environment.
- Perceptive intuition and decision-making skills.
- Remarkable professionalism and good work ethic.
- Knowledge of multiple counseling approaches.
- Affiliation with a Professional body
- Must be adept in the use of MS Office Packages.
- Possesses experience working with students.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical thinker with strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills.
- Detail-oriented with excellent time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
28th February 2023.
- Your application must include the following:
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.