MINDS Scholarship Program for African Students 2023/2024 – Apply Here. Applications for the MINDS scholarship are now open. Interested persons should see how to apply below and the requirements.
MINDS offers scholarships to Africans who wish to pursue post-graduate studies within Africa, outside of their own countries. Through tailored leadership development activities, the MINDS Scholarship Program aims to nurture leaders with a continental development mindset; leaders who will facilitate greater cohesion and cooperation between African countries.
MINDS is currently receiving applications from students who commence their studies in 2023/2024. Interested individuals are invited to submit applications as soon as they receive official acceptance from a MINDS-preferred university where they wish to study.
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) is an Africa-wide think tank that provides an inclusive platform for dialogue, information dissemination, and networking. Our programs are underpinned by rigorous research into all aspects of African Heritage, in order to shape policy and practice on critical issues of governance, integrated economic development, and the evolution of African institutions.
SEE ALSO – Macquarie University Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship 2023
Benefits of the MINDS Scholarship Program
The scholarship will cover some or all of the expenses below, depending on whether a partial or full scholarship is awarded:
- Accommodation and meals,
- One return ticket per duration of studies,
- A fixed stipend.
Requirements for MINDS Scholarship Program Qualification
MINDS scholarships are awarded to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be considered for a MINDS scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country;
- Have been formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year;
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study;
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form;
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
Documents Required for Application
Please have the following documents scanned, saved, and ready for uploading. All documents uploaded must be in PDF format. Each attachment should not exceed 2MB in size.
- A copy of the data/ bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/ results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university. The letter must:
- Be addressed to the applicant.
- State the degree to which the applicant has been accepted to study.
- State the academic year at which the degree will commence.
- State the duration of the course (e.g. one year).
- A copy of a valid study permit or visa OR proof of application.
- A detailed CV/ Resume of not more than four (4) single-sided pages.
- Two reference letters (of not more than 3 pages each) addressing the applicant’s demonstration of integrity, their competency and/or potential as a leader, and their commitment to the development of the African continent.
How to Apply
Visit the Official MINDS website @ MINDS AFRICA
READ ALSO – Halmstad University Masters Scholarship 2023/2024 – Apply Here
Be the first to comment