Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment For Mechanical Inspector – HOW TO APPLY. Larfarge Africa Plc is now recruiting to fill the position of Mechanical Inspector. Interested persons should check below for how to apply and the requirements.
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Inspector, Ewekoro
Requisition ID: 1209
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
You may also like – FBN Limited Recruitment: Private Banking Relationship Manager
- The primary objective of the Mechanical Inspector is to monitor equipment condition on a continuous basis and analyze trends in order to ascertain the required maintenance interventions (mechanical, electrical, mobile equipment) necessary to maximize equipment reliability, performance and life expectancy, at the lowest possible cost, while maintaining the production functions.
Roles And Responsibilities
- Take a lead in the enforcement of Lafarge safety rules and guidelines through Visual Felt Leadership (VFL) while ensuring adherence by Maintenance teams.
- Ensure the planned inspection of all plant equipment and initiate work orders based on inspection results, including safety checks. In case of anomaly, performs first analysis and defines priorities for each action.
- Monitor and co-ordinate condition predictors, for all critical equipment.
- Validate and update equipment specification files and history sheet
- Evaluate and improve the preventive maintenance job plans (from supplier’s recommendation if existing), create and update the corresponding inspection job plans, in coordination with the planner
- Ensure systematic review, application and optimization of lubrication program.
- Contribute to the analysis of failures and problems, recommending corrective actions.
- Participate actively in troubleshooting equipment chronic problems and come up with effective solutions
- Coach and develop other maintenance practitioners involved in Inspection and Execution functions.
- Liaise with production personnel regarding operating procedures, which have an impact on equipment.
- Performs follow-up inspections of new installations or repaired equipment and verifies tolerances in critical issues to assure compliance to acceptance standards and the PPM Guidelines.
- Follow-up and update preventive maintenance schedule.
- Analysis of data collected, completed work orders, and process data in order to initiate appropriate maintenance work orders, which include a detailed scope of work.
- Active role toward cost budgeting, cost forecasting and control of department expenditures.
- Comply with EMS Methods Instrumentation activities
- Ensure involvement in the implementation and maintenance of integrated management system in the plant
- Participate in the maintenance on-call program
- The Inspector communicates regularly with the operations personnel to gain information on any problem or concerns they may have about equipment and the way it is affecting the process
- The Inspector generates work requests for all tasks identified in the inspection route and brings to the attention of the planner those that are urgent.
- Human Dimension:
- Lubrication Technicians Planners and Execution Engineers.
- Report to Methods Manager
- Interface with the following: Mechanical, Methods Electrical, Automation, Safety and Stores departments.
- The Methods Manager: To receive objectives & directives, analyze results and correct Possible anomalies.
- Safety Officer: To liaise for accident prevention and inform about any problem that may occur on Clinker plant. Security: to inform and solve security problems.
- External bodies: PHCN, raw material, bricks and other production supplier
- The Maintenance execution (Mechanical and Automation/Instrumentation): for equipment’s repairs and reception.
- Method: to request work and repairs to be done.
Requirements And Qualifications
- Level of education: Degree or equivalent in any Engineering discipline (Mechanical Engineering as main subjects).
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits
- Good knowledge of safety laws and regulations.
- Good Coaching Skill.
- Very good written and verbal communications skills
- Must have 4/5 years postgraduate experience.
- Must be a Certified Mechanical Inspector.
- Ability to coordinate the inspection, preventive, breakdown maintenance.
- Good planning skills.
- Good knowledge of Inspection and execution functions.
- Proficient in PPM systems both in theory and in practice.
- Able to take initiative based on sound problem solving skills.
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Demonstrated leadership skills via work ethics
- Ability to delegate and motivate, fairness, etc
- Result oriented
- Team leadership skill
- Good aptitude for organization and communication
- Result oriented with high decision making capacity/ self-confidence
- High level of initiative Anticipative
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply