Lafarge Africa Plc Recruitment for Internal Control Senior, Logistics – Apply Here. Larfarge Africa is Inviting applications to fill the position of Internal Control Senior, Logistics. Interested persons should see how to apply below and the requirements.
Lafarge Africa Plc is a member of the Lafarge Holcim Group – the biggest building and concrete solutions company in the world. It is a publicly quoted company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) and serves Nigeria with a wide range of building and construction solutions designed to meet housing and construction needs from small projects like individual home buildings to major construction and infrastructure projects.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Control Senior, Logistics
Requisition ID: 1208
Location: Opebi, Lagos
- Execute the Internal Control Plan in relation to Logistics activities in geographical area of responsibility as developed by the Internal Control Manager and assist in performance of an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the country’s financial, physical and information resources are managed.
- Add value by acting as a facilitator in business risk management and carrying out value for money reviews, thereby assisting the management in the effective discharge of their responsibilities.
Job Roles And Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Internal Control Manager to ensure a system is in place which ensures that all major risks of the company are identified and analyzed, on a continuous basis
- Highlight areas of risk and process gaps identified in Logistics Activities.
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal audit function as it related to logistics activities
- Support in preparation of Logistics report package to the group and audit committee on the policies, programs and activities of the department
- Execute any logistics reviews or tasks requested by plant management, the Audit Committee, Chief Executive or Chief Financial Officer via the Internal Control Manager provided such reviews and tasks do not compromise the independence or objectivity of the internal control function
- Provide Internal Control Manager with an opinion on the internal controls within the operations.
- Communicating, educating and ensuring strict compliance with Company’s Policies & procedures
- Report on the findings of Logistics Process reviews and assist Internal Control manager in monitoring management’s response and implementation
- Report to the Internal control manager on the value for money that the company obtains in all its logistics activities with special regard to economy, efficiency and effectiveness
- Perform special investigation of cases in a professional manner when called upon.
- List of direct reports:
- Key interfaces, stakeholders and relationships:
- Internal Control Manager – Logistics
- Plant Operations/Management
- Business Process Owners
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Quality Internal Control Reports
- Internal Control Quality
- Process Documentations
- Investigation Reports
- Impact of Audit and Control on Staff
Technical / Functional Skills:
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant job experience either in an internal audit function or relevant logistics experience
- A knowledge of audit procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting audits
- An ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and to prepare and present concise oral and written reports
- An ability to maintain current knowledge of developments related to business matters of interest to internal audit
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of the cement industry or a similar business and regulatory environment
- Strong computer skills especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and email applications
- Ability to prioritize with excellent time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Membership of ICAN, ACCA, CPA or equivalent
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) – Exams may be taken after hiring
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong team player
- Tact and tolerant
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to set deadlines
- Resilient and Motivated
- Proactive Approach to Problem Solving
Leadership and Managerial Abilities:
- Excellent management skills and ability to organize and plan effectively to meet both short and long range goals and objectives.
- Ability to motivate individuals and teams
- Able to coach and direct a diverse team
- Ability to manage multiple project plans successfully and simultaneously.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply