International Institute of Tropical Agriculture Recruitment For Procurement Assistant – Apply Here. The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture is now recruiting for the position of Procurement. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Assistant
Ref No.: STS2023-010
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Recruitment Type: STS-National (6-month renewable contract)
Slot: 2 Openings
- Maintain accurate and precise record, ensure activity tracking, and demonstrate methodology.
- Work cross-functionally with IITA colleagues to ensure requirements for all areas are met effectively and on time.
- Assist in developing and maintaining documented standards for procurement governance and processes, resulting in value for money and outcomes, and minimizing procurement risk.
- Ensure on-time delivery, challenging non-compliance in areas of responsibility, purchase order progress monitoring and updating.
- Monitor and track daily/weekly supplier deliveries by liaising with the Shipping Office, IITA Limited staff, and the receiving section of the stores.
- Active involvement in the procurement of cloud storage systems.
- Attending to vendors/visitors, moving procurement memos to Finance Directorate for payment process, issuing POs to vendors, and providing customer service to all categories of internal and external customers.
- Assist the support office in organizing work schedules, meetings, seminars, workshops, and raise requisition (internal and RFP).
- Develop and maintain a reporting system that measures the contribution of the procurement processes.
- Promote excellent customer service, identify, review, and implement strategies to improve service quality and efficiency.
- Maintain strong team relationships among colleagues and community groups on a formal and informal basis across all levels.
- Review tender documents for compliance with stipulated standards.
- Manage contracts assigned to vendors/contractors to ensure compliance with specifications, service quality, and delivery standards.
- Work in line with SOP 16 No 6 and map out tracking strategy or methods by hierarchy or position, value criticality, and importance.
- Facilitate expenditure reviews to identify opportunities to add value through improved procurement techniques.
- Ensure the security of the department property and assets and maintain a commitment to the care of all property and assets.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
Requirements And Qualifications
- National Diploma in Public or Business Administration, Accounting/Finance, or related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have good communication skills (writing, reading, and speaking).
- Have strong negotiation skills, good time management skills, strategic thinking and risk management skills.
- Have a good understanding of the supply market intelligence and must be familiar with technology and systems for procurement.
- Have the ability to collaborate effectively and have performance metrics analysis skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Interested applicants should complete the online application by attaching a detailed Cover Letter and curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format.
- The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three (3) professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, Professional Colleague, and evidence of current remuneration package.
- IITA is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to building a diverse workforce, particularly welcoming applications from women. While all applications will be acknowledged, please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
26th May, 2023.