International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Recruitment For Executive Assistant. The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Cresent Societies is now recruiting for an Executive Assistant. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies is the world’s largest humanitarian network and is guided by seven Fundamental Principles: Humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, universality and unity.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Number: S02988
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Contract Type: Employee
Accompanied Status: N/A
Grade: To be determined
- Reporting to the Head of Delegation for the Abuja Country Cluster and supporting the Operations Coordinator, the role of the Executive Assistant is to support their administrative and coordination functions.
- The Executive Assistant will handle a wide range of contacts with stakeholders including national societies, ICRC, Government departments, and the international donor community.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day operational and administrative activities of the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator by prioritizing incoming requests, maintaining the Head of Delegation’s diary, and paperwork, and following up to ensure timely responses.
- Review all outgoing correspondence prepared for the Head of Delegation, edit as appropriate to ensure correct spelling, grammar, and formatting style in addition, to drafting standard administrative correspondence.
- Following up on actions required by the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator, filing documents, and maintaining the relevant files.
- Take minutes of staff meetings and all meetings with the internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain a yearly event matrix.
- Reconcile and allocate working advances for the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator. Follow up with finance to ensure that the working advance has been cleared.
- Schedule briefings and debriefings of the secretariat, PNS, and ICRC representatives with relevant regional departments and National Societies (NSs) as appropriate.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the delegation operations, responding and/or re-routing general requests for information, screening correspondence, issuing acknowledgments, replying to inquiries as appropriate, and drafting correspondence on behalf of the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator.
- Prepare and manage office running budgets under the Head of Delegation.
- Manage the information flow of the Head of Delegation’s Office, Geneva, Regional and Country Offices, National Societies, ICRC, and to the public.
- Ensure timely and accurate transmission of information and follow-up to ensure feedback is provided, necessary action is taken and deadlines are met.
- Organize and maintain efficient information storage and retrieval systems that guarantee the correctness and integrity of records as well as ease of cross-referencing with well-defined levels of access.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts/stakeholders to promote a good and positive image of the federation through information exchange and professional feedback.
- Identify and handle confidential/sensitive material professionally while protecting the interest of the federation and the Delegation.
Calendar and Events Management:
- Coordinating administrative and logistical arrangements for visitors, including arranging appointments for the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator, compiling and providing information or relevant materials required, and updating information regarding the Head of Delegation’s/Operations Coordinator’s planned travel and meetings.
- Making necessary arrangements for delegation meetings, workshops, and conferences-arranging for venues, booking rooms, drafting and sharing agendas, compiling and distributing background documentation.
- Demonstrating flexibility in undertaking special assignments e.g. events, and other activities as assigned. Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Organize/coordinate events such as retreats, off-site meetings, and official events ensuring that the required logistics are provided for by the administration and logistics unit.
- To take overall responsibility for protocol matters.
- To prepare and coordinate visits, events, meetings, and ceremonies for the Head of Delegation/ Operations Coordinator.
- Liaise with, welcome, and arrange meetings with guests of the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator.
- Plan and organize official events, such as conferences, retreats, and other special activities for the Head of Delegation/Operations Coordinator.
- Working closely with the travel unit in organizing the Head of Delegation’s/Operations Coordinator’s travel and related logistics (hotel, per diem) as well as that of external guests.
- Visa application to be done on time and ensure efficient follow-up.
- Share travel information with relevant people.
- Share information with delegation staff.
- Prepare meeting pack with relevant documentation including ticket, letter of invitation, accommodation booking, and security regulations.
Requirements and Qualifications
- University Degree in a relevant field.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Experience in workshop planning and organization.
- Experience in an administrative/coordination role.
- Experience in managing workflow
Knowledge, Skills and Languages
- Excellent computer skills. (e.g. Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat).
- Experience in office management principles and procedures
- Discrete and diplomatic behavior
- Knowledge and commitment to Red Cross Red Crescent Fundamental Principles, and ability to model those Principles in relationships with colleagues and partners and translate them to development practice.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Experience in problem identification and solution.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Good command of another IFRC official language (French)
Competencies, Values and Comments:
- Values: Professionalism, Respect for diversity; Integrity; Accountability
- Core competencies: Proactive outreach and innovative creativity; Communication; Collaboration and teamwork; Judgement and decision making; National Society and customer relations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
27th February, 2023.