BIC Nigeria Recruitment For Warehouse Supervisor – How To Apply. BIC Nigeria is now inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Warehouse Supervisor. See how to apply below and the requirements.
BIC® products are known and appreciated all over the world for their quality, their affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the one-piece shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® one of the best-known international brands, present in 3.2 million retail outlets, in more than 160 countries. As we explore the tremendous opportunities ahead, we have a need for dedicated and dynamic employees to help build our team.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Job ID: 2362
Category: Global Supply & Deliver
- The Warehouse Lead is responsible for the daily execution of warehouse tasks, which includes stock counting, bin card updates, receiving, picking, staging, loading, and dispatching of customer orders to deliver high customer service and strong inventory controls while ensuring adherence to all Good Warehousing Practices.
- The role is accountable for running the day-to-day operations of warehouses under the direction of the logistics associate manager. Inventory under scope includes all Finished Goods, POSMs, and Gift items.
- The role is the first point of contact for all warehousing activities and interfaces with internal and external partners.
- The role is a critical component of daily sales preparing customer orders, picking them timely and accurately, staging them for loading, liaising with security and 3PL for accurate loading, then dispatching for deliveries.
- The role also oversees safety awareness and conformance in the warehouse, ensuring daily equipment inspections are completed, Good housekeeping standards are conducted and maintained and driving attendance of warehouse staff to achieve warehouse daily expectations
Job Roles / Responsibilities
Warehouse Operations Management:
- Manages owned warehousing operations which includes all inbound and outbound activities of finished goods and POSM items
- Ensures daily stock movement from production physically and on ERP system
- Owns and manages owned warehouse assets and equipment, drive asset utilization, inspection, and maintenance
- Ensures regular communication with factory production team, logistics manager on issues relating inventory management as it might impact on sales
- Ensures to follow FIFO/FEFO policy in owned warehouse daily
- Participates in all traceability audit check as required
- Ensures to follow strictly, always, standards as related to storage, handling, and distribution of our goods
- Ensures to follow all QHSE policies in the warehouse operations, including reporting, training of warehouse staff as required.
- Ensures to follow all storage standards and stacking configurations as per WID code, keeping pallets aligned in storage bins
- Ensures clear segregation of unwholesome stocks from good ones and tracks correctly warehouse damages and defect
- Reports and escalates warehouse issues timely to the appropriate authority for intervention
- KPI’s: GR within 24 hours, Safety incidence, warehouse handling damages, Lost Sales, Back orders, Returns rate (for domestic customers), MHE reliability and availability, Asset utilization, 100% FEFO compliance
- Share daily production available stock report awaiting transfer to warehouse to Supply planner and S&D leadership team for the day sales planning
- Leads daily cycle counting activities in the owned warehouses, ensuring 100% compliance as per schedule
- Participate in the root cause and GAP analysis for all inventory stock variances within 24 of discovery
- Follow up with all necessary stakeholders and approvals to regularize inventory as soon as possible
- Ensures to receive physically and systematically all stocks that are delivered to the warehouses real-time. Escalates all receipt issue to line manager immediately
- Ensures to issues out on systems all stocks leaving the warehouse physically real-time
- Participates in drives for inventory actions plans to improve inventory accuracy and health
- Shares daily cycle counting report with the team for reconciliation and review
- Updates storage BIN cards regularly
- Participate in all stock counting activities as planned which includes monthly, quarterly, and yearly stock counting exercises according to guidelines and schedules
- KPI’s: FEFO/FIFO compliance, GIT Aging, IRA%, OOS due to warehouse and Logistics
Inbound & Outbound Operations:
- Plans daily receiving of FG, POSM and Gift items into the warehouse as per delivery schedule, ensuring space, equipment and resources are ready ahead of the arrival of deliveries
- Take pictures of import trucks before and after cutting of seals and after opening. Ensure to follow strictly all receiving procedures. Properly stores the pictures as required.
- Ensures accurate correct stocks are received as per packing list. Flags major discrepancies for resolution immediately
- Stages, counts, reconcile and load customer orders into assigned trucks
- Monitors loaders activities to ensure full truck utilization for all outbound loading
- Take pictures of loaded trucks for reference.
- Tracks loading start and finish times for all outbound operations
- Ensures proper documentation and filing for all inbound and outbound activities are maintained and up to date always.
- Shares daily inbound and outbound report for owned warehouse with S&D leadership team by close of business, highlighting any pending issues and help needed.
- Investigates and reports findings to line manager, all issues relating to inbound and outbound activities
- Put away stocks into assigned bin locations post receipt from inbound areas and updates bin cards accordingly
- Plans daily dispatch operations using the daily shipment plans to prepare customer orders ahead of truck arrivals
- Sorts and picks fractions as applicable
- KPI’s: GR within 24 hours, VFR, Shipment on Time, Truck Turnaround Time – TTAT
- Leads warehouse staff in the daily execution of assigned tasks
- Supports staff to communicate and break barriers as applicable
- Trains loaders and pickers regularly, ensuring they are following best practices always
- Tracks and monitors warehouse staff performance and contributions
- Recommend best staff of the month for reward and recognition as applicable
- Manages daily warehouse labour engagement and optimization through planning and driving productivity improvement ideas
- KPI’s: Warehouse damages, picking accuracy, Loading accuracy, warehouse-related customer complaints
Requirements And Qualifications
Applicants should possess the following:
- Minimum of OND qualification in Engineering, Sciences, or Supply Chain related courses
- At least 2 years of experience managing warehouse and distribution activities for FMCG
- Data Savvy
- Collaborative skills
- Result oriented individual
- Customer-centric individual
- Basic Microsoft Excel and package knowledge
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You may also like – Olam Nigeria Limited Recruitment For Quality and Nutrition Manager – Apply
- BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers.
- We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics.
- All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
- BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity.
- Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means