African Union (AU) Recruitment For Benefits Officer – Apply Here. African Union is now inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the position of Benefits Officer. See how to apply below and the requirements.
The African Union (AU) is a continental body consisting of the 55 member states that make up the countries of the African Continent. It was officially launched in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU, 1963-1999). We are an Integrated, Prosperous and Peaceful Africa, driven by its own citizens and representing a dynamic force in the global arena.
Applications are invited to fill the position below:
Job Title: Benefits Officer
Requisition ID: 1572
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Directorate / Department: Human Resources Management
Division: HR Shared Services
Job Grade: P2
Contract Type: Regular
Reports to: Senior Salary and Benefits Officer
Purpose of Job
To provide technical support for the administration of all staff benefits as well as any other staff welfare-related issues.
Job Roles / Responsibilities
- Provides technical support in the overall administration of staff benefits
- Provides support in following up on the activities of the division, including monitoring and evaluating progress made in line with a predefined strategic plan.
- Maintains profile of staff benefits matters and recommends new and expands on existing policy areas for planned research in the area
- Participates in the organization of relevant meetings, congresses, and conferences with stakeholders.
- Engages with relevant mid-level stakeholders and develops working relationships.
- Supports the promotion of the activities of the Division including preparing leaflets, guidelines, and fact sheets.
- Produces draft reports and participates in the preparation of budget and work programs related to the functioning of the Unit/Division
- Provides technical support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Provides support in setting the overall research direction of a relevant policy area.
- Contributes in the timely generation and analyzing accurate reports for the respective Unit/Division and AU’s internal use.
- Coordinates the delegation and execution of defined research areas.
- Provides support in the evaluation of pension and insurance schemes to ensure value-for-money services as well as the competitiveness of the proposed schemes in comparison to the current market.
- Provides support in the promotion of awareness of pension and its regulations;
- Provide support in the development and review of staff benefits-related policies.
- Updates information of staff dependents for eventual child and spouse allowances where applicable while ensuring the accuracy of information;
- Verifies eligibility and authenticity of educational claims documents including invoices/receipts
- Processes medical claims in liaison with Medical Services and Finance for a timely refund
- Ensures quarterly updates of staff beneficiaries;
- Processes and liaises with Finance for the payment of staff entitlements upon separation.
- Ensures insurance coverage for all AUC Assets in liaison with Operations Support Services.
- Enrolls eligible staff to the AU Pension Scheme, Medical and Life Group insurance schemes;
- Updates the staff pension contribution on monthly basis including changes in contributions in the in-house developed application
- Processes home leave for eligible staff members and their eligible dependents while ensuring effective customer service;
Requirements and Relevant Experience For African Union Recruitment
Applicants should possess the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources Management, Business or Public Administration, Finance, or related fields with 5 years of progressive experience in staff benefits administration in a similar international organization.
- A Master’s Degree is required to have 2 years of progressive experience in indicated fields.
- Experience processing staff benefits in a largely similar international organization with a large employee base is mandatory;
- Management and supervisory skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office suite and AU computing systems
- Inter-personal and customer/ client service skills
- Proficiency in one of the AU’s official working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic or Spanish) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage.
- Ability to work in teams and in a multicultural setting
- Communication and report writing skills
- Knowledge and working understating of AU policies, standards and systems
- Proficiency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish) and fluency in another AU language is an added advantages.
- Change Management.
- Managing Risk.
- Teamwork and Collaboration
- Accountability awareness and Compliance
- Learning Orientation
- Communicating with Influence
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving
- Job Knowledge and information sharing
- Drive for Result
- Continuous Improvement Focus.
Tenure Of Appointment
- The appointment will be made on a regular term contract for a period of three (3) years, of which the first twelve months shall be considered as a probationary period. Thereafter, the contract will be for a period of two years renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and deliverables.
Indicative basic salary of US$ 31,073.00 (P2 Step1) per annum plus other related entitlements e.g. Post adjustment (46% of basic salary), a Housing allowance of US$ 22,932.00 (per annum), and education allowance (100% of tuition and other education-related expenses for every eligible dependent up to a maximum of US$ 10,000.00 per child per annum), for internationally recruited staff and a maximum of $3,300 per child per annum for locally recruited staff.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
6th January 2023.
- Only candidates who have met all the requirements of the post and have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Only applications registered online with a complete curriculum vitae (CV) attached will be considered.
- The Africa Union is an equal-opportunity employer and female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The AU Commission is an equal opportunity employer and qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.