African Union (AU) Internship Program 2023/2024 – Apply Here. African Union is now inviting applications for the 2023 Internship Program. Interested persons should see how to apply below and the requirements.
The African Union, established as a unique Pan-African continental body, is charged with spearheading Africa’s rapid integration and sustainable development by promoting unity, solidarity, cohesion and cooperation among the peoples of Africa and African States as well as developing a New Partnership Worldwide. Its Headquarters is located in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. In seeking to attain this objective, the African Union intends to build its capacity to deliver, among others, the implementation of its organizational structure.
In this pursuit, the African Union Commission invites applicants who are citizens of Member States for:
Title: African Union Commission Internship Program
Employment Type: Full-time
See also – TikTok Nigeria Recruitment For Government Relations and Public Policy Manager – Apply Here
Purpose of the Internship
- The African Union Internship Program provides an opportunity for interns to complement their educational experience and to develop their professional skills and experience.
- The AU internship program is a full-time engagement through which qualified individuals from diverse academic backgrounds are given the opportunity to gain professional exposure within the AU.
- As an organization that promotes respect for diversity and teamwork, we encourage all qualified individuals to apply. Applicants should have a keen interest in the work of the AU and demonstrate the ability to interact with individuals from various cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
- The program aims to expose participants to the workings of the AU at an early stage of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills.
- It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields while learning in an intercultural environment.
- The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
In general, interns assist in providing administrative and technical support for the effective implementation of African Union programs, projects and activities in the below Department / Directorates:
- Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
- Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
- Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI)
- Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
- Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
- Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS)
- Human Resources Management (HRM)
- Operations Support Services
- Management Information Systems Division
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
- Office for Safety and Security Services
- Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
- Office of the Secretary to the Commission
- Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
- Office of Protocol
- Partnership and Resource Mobilization
- Women, Gender and Youth (WGY)
- Information and Communication
- Peace Fund Secretariat
- Medical and Health Services
- Financial Control Unit
- Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
- Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Ethics, Integrity and Standards
- New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
Requirements And Eligibility
- Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s Degree program OR
- Must have obtained a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced / Postgraduate (Master’s) qualification in a related academic field.
- Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
- Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
- Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
- Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offense excluding minor traffic offenses.
- Prior work experience is not required for internship positions.
- Be full-time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelor’s or Graduate School Program.
- Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
- Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in one of the AU official’s working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
Terms and Conditions
- The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
- AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
- The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) months renewable one time for any candidate.
- Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expense of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
30th June 2023.
Recommended – Vantegral Consulting Recruitment For Private Wealth Manager – Apply Here
- Applications for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
- If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in.
- kindly provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
- A Motivation Letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
- A copy of a valid passport or national identity card
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
- Current Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
- Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successful.
Be the first to comment