African Development Bank Virtual Internship for African Students – Apply Here. Applications are now open for the African Development Bank Virtual Internship Program. See how to apply below and the requirements.
Established to promote economic and social development efforts on the continent, the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group comprises three entities: the African Development Bank (AfDB) which is the parent institution, created following an agreement signed by 23 founding member states on August 14, 1963, in Khartoum, Sudan.
Benefits of AfDB Virtual Internship
AfDB Virtual Internship Benefits:
- Internships shall be granted to each candidate for a period not less than three (3) months and not more than six (6) months. The internship is authorized only once for any candidate.
- Due to the prevailing COVID-19 pandemic, interns shall not be required to travel to the duty station. The internship shall be done remotely from the interns’ respective locations. As such, interns are expected to have access to a personal computer, a reliable internet connection and a conducive living environment that facilitates smooth and uninterrupted remote working.
- In a few cases, and especially where the duties and responsibilities to be assigned to interns cannot be performed remotely, the Bank may approve on-site internships on an exceptional basis. In such instances:
- interns shall be responsible for their air travel (in case of) to and from the Bank’s location as well as their upkeep.
- only interns who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 shall be authorized to access Bank’s office premises.
- the Bank will use reasonable efforts to assist the concerned interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
- Interns will benefit from medical insurance coverage paid by the Bank during the period of their internship.
- Eligible interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Duration of Program: The 2023 Internship Program will run from April through December 2023.
Requirements for AfDB Virtual Internship Qualification
To be eligible for AfDB Virtual Internship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have attained the age of majority in their country of nationality or origin and be not more than Thirty (30) years old at the time of commencement of the internship program.
- Be currently enrolled in a master’s level degree program in a recognized public or private educational institution of higher learning.
- The candidate can apply for an internship within one (1) year of having obtained such a degree.
- Be nationals of the Member Countries of the African Development Bank.
- Provide a letter from their school confirming their enrollment or a copy of the above-mentioned Degree.
- Applicants must be fluent in at least one of the Banks’ two working languages (English or French).
- Be able to use the Bank’s standard software packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); knowledge of SAP is desirable.
Process and Venue for AfDB Virtual Internship
Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on the business needs of the Bank.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However, applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the Bank.
- In addition to the above, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate Including desirable skills, knowledge, and experience.
- Participants in the Program are selected on a competitive basis, based on the business needs of the Bank.
How to Apply
CLICK HERE To Apply Successfully
Applicants will only be considered if they submit an online complete application and attach a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Regular Staff: If you are currently working at the African Development Bank as a regular staff, click on the button below to apply for this position.
External Candidate: If you are not currently working at the African Development Bank, or if you are a Short Term Staff (STS), a Technical Assistant or a Consultant at the Bank, click on the button below to apply for the position.
For more details, CLICK HERE
February 22, 2023.