Academic Staffs Recruitment at Covenant University – Covenant University is a leading world-class University with a quest for Academic Excellence and a strong industry-driven research base.
Academic Staffs Recruitment at Covenant University
We seek to attract research active Academics in the Professorial and all other Lectureship positions, who are ready to carve out a niche for themselves in distinguished collaborative and ground-breaking research. Prospective candidate should have passionate interest in being part of a team that believes in pedagogic excellence in raising a new generation of leaders both in academic and industry. In pursuit of this robust goal, the University is set to employ qualified candidates on regular, sabbatical and visiting appointments from all over the world.
College of Management and Social Sciences (CMSS)
- Banking and Finance
- Business Management :
- Business Administration
- Industrial Relations and HRM
- Economics and Development Studies:
- Demography and Social Statistics
- Mass Communication
College of Engineering (CoE)
- Chemical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Electrical & Information Engineering (EIE):
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Information and Communication Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
College of Leadership Development Studies (CLDS)
- Leadership Studies
- Languages and General Studies:
- Political Science & International Relations
College of Science & Technology (CST)
- Building Technology
- Computer & Information Sciences :
- Computer Science
- Management and Information Science
- Estate Management
- Biological Sciences:
- Applied Biology and Biotechnology
- Animal and Environmental Biology
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
In all cases, candidates are required to possess appropriate skills and orientations for respective discipline as well as possess teaching abilities with adequate research experience.
- Professor: Ph.D. degree with specialization in the discipline applied for with evidence of academic leadership in terms of publications, project design execution and monitoring, administrative leadership minimum 10 years of post- qualification, full time relevant teaching and research experience. Researches with Professors who meet prescribed internationally recognized contributions are moved to Research Scholar scale which offers internationally competitive remuneration to such grade of academics.
- Associate Professor (Reader): Same as for Professor but with minimum 8 years post qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research experience.
- Senior Lecturer: Same as for Professor but with minimum 5 years of post-qualification, full time, relevant teaching and research.
- Lecturer I: Ph.D. degree from a reputable university, with minimum 2 years of post – qualification teaching experience, and evidence of scholarly publications.
- Lecturer II: Ph.D. Degree from a reputable University. However, fresh Ph.D. holders shall not be evaluated on the publication criterion.
- Assistant Lecturer: A Master’s Degree in relevant disciplines with a CGPA or percentage score suitable for undertaking Ph.D. programmes. Such candidates must satisfy their Departments and Colleges that they possess the skills for sustained academic career.
Teaching and Research active scholars will attract special package according to their various ratings. Special package also awaits Faculty from the Diaspora.
Other perks and why you should consider working with us
We are a pension compliant Institution and in addition, the University also provides the following conditions of service:
- An encompassing and empowering (Physical, moral and spiritual) IT-driven environment with 24 hour electricity and water supply, 24 hours campus security and intelligence crew and Residential arrangement for both staff and faculty that allows for focus and concentration;
- Maintenance of a stable Academic calendar. Well-stocked Library with current publications (books, journals and multimedia centre); State of the art Laboratories, Workshops and specialized Facilities;
- Conference Supports and Sponsorship for both international and local conferences: Research and Development Grants; Support for continuous academic and professional development;
- Openness to international collaborations with other institutions.